Here is the best chunky apple jam recipe with the simple technique to make it home easily and naturally. If you’re a fan of apple pie, then this recipe will be your favorite one to make fresh apple jam.
1. Starting from Peeling and core apples and cubes into 3cm pieces.
2. Put in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat.
3. Now add zest, lemon juice, and apple juice into the pan.
4. Cook until apples are soft, about 20 mins. At this point, if you want smooth jam it’s time to stick your ingredients in the blender or use a hand mixer.
5. Add sugar and stir using a wooden spoon, till melted.
6. Add cinnamon.
7. Increase temperature to high and bring to the boil.
8. Stir frequently towards the completion of cooking to make sure jam is not sticking, for 20-25 minutes or until the jam reaches a setting point (make sure the jam doesn’t burn on the base of the pan).
Most Important: How do you recognize the jam is set? Put a dish in the fridge and chill it down. Take it out and spread a small bit of jam over its surface. If the consistency is “jelly like” then, your jam has reached setting point. This method examines what the jam will look like once it’s cool.
9. Remove from heat and scoop any scum from the surface
10. Stand for 5 minutes.
11. Sterilize a metal ladle by dunking it in boiling water and pour jam into clean, warm sterilized jars. Fill almost to the top, leaving a few centimeters to help create the vacuum.
12. Use kitchen gloves to pick up a jar and invert (stand upside down on lid) for 2 minutes.
13. Turn the jars upright. Set aside to cool.
14. Reserve in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight until ready to use. The jam tastes best when it’s been left to stand for at least 2-3 weeks.